Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

walterdp
Helper I
Helper I

How to create a control chart with dynamic limits (based on different filters)

I would like to create a control chart with UCL, LCL and average that can adjust based on the filters I apply. For example, the line charts below have no filter applied

walterdp_0-1655901936292.png

But if I select a different "Estado" or "Periodo" or even if I select a bar on the chart in the middle of the image, the "average" changes. I want to have the same but for UCL and LCL.

walterdp_1-1655902122310.png

walterdp_2-1655902137310.png

Thanks!

Walter

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @walterdp,

If you want the filter to interact with specific visuals, you can turn on the 'edit interactions' layout to change the visual interactions or try to create an unconnected table as the source of the slicer and use a measure filter to filter table records.

Applying a measure filter in Power BI - SQLBI

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
walterdp
Helper I
Helper I

Hi, @v-shex-msft:

Thanks for replying. I briefly read the articles you shared and I believe they are not what I need. What I'm looking for is a way to calculate UCL, LCL and average to use them in a control chart and make those measurements dynamic, based on the filters I can use as explained in the initial post.

Thanks

W  

Hello Walter,

I have the same question. I need to add extra 3 filters for the control chart.
Have you found a solution for this?

v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @walterdp,

If you want the filter to interact with specific visuals, you can turn on the 'edit interactions' layout to change the visual interactions or try to create an unconnected table as the source of the slicer and use a measure filter to filter table records.

Applying a measure filter in Power BI - SQLBI

Change how visuals interact in a report - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.