Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Paulyeo11
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

How to compute inventory stock amount from last year 1/1/2019 till 14/10/2019 ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Paulyeo11 

Try this formula:

Calc = CALCULATE(SUM(INVENTORY[C/D]), DATEADD(DATESYTD('Date'[Date]), -1, YEAR))

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@Paulyeo11 , with a date table joined with posting date use time intelligence

YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[C/D]),DATESYTD('Date'[Date],"12/31"))
Last YTD Sales = CALCULATE(SUM(Table[C/D]),DATESYTD(dateadd('Date'[Date],-1,Year),"12/31"))

To get the best of the time intelligence function. Make sure you have a date calendar and it has been marked as the date in model view. Also, join it with the date column of your fact/s. Refer :radacad sqlbi My Video Series Appreciate your Kudos.

Hi Amit

Thank you for your help.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6s13jegi5e1jbr/preWebinarPostCal_PY_DATA%20V006.pbix?dl=0

I use your suggested expression , i get null amount. LYTD stock amount should be from day 1 stock and end at today.

For your info the YTD stock amount is compute from day 1 stock transaction that is jan 2018 and end at today date. Not just for this year stock transaction.

Paulyeo11_0-1602669564442.png

@Paulyeo11 

Try this formula:

Calc = CALCULATE(SUM(INVENTORY[C/D]), DATEADD(DATESYTD('Date'[Date]), -1, YEAR))
themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Paulyeo11 

Without a formula you can simply click on the object and on Filters Pane --> Filters on this visual --> Add Year --> Select 2019

See image below

Year.JPG

Hi Sir

Thank you for your offer.

As my requirement is put the expression to gauge chart . Hope some one can share with me.

Paul

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.