Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

StefArroyo
Employee
Employee

How to collapse a matrix and have values appear blank

Hello!

I am wondering if there is a way to collapse rows in a matrix and have all of the values instead of an aggregation, appear blank or cleared? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @StefArroyo   I was actually wanting the same thing and found a solution for this!

Try the following measure and add this as a value in your matrix:

I based this measure formula off of @v-jingzhang  image but you can change it to suit your needs.

Measure = IF (ISINSCOPE(Table[Product]),SELECTEDVALUE(Table[First Color]), BLANK()).

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @StefArroyo   I was actually wanting the same thing and found a solution for this!

Try the following measure and add this as a value in your matrix:

I based this measure formula off of @v-jingzhang  image but you can change it to suit your needs.

Measure = IF (ISINSCOPE(Table[Product]),SELECTEDVALUE(Table[First Color]), BLANK()).

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, I was able to create this measure and add it as a value in my matrix, but how do I get it to apply to my original values that I was wanting to hide? It currently just shows as an extra column next to my other values in the matrix visualization.

Hi @Anonymous 

You need to use @Anonymous 's measure to replace your original value in the matrix. Is your original value a measure or a column field? If it's a measure, you can add this measure. 

New Measure = IF ( ISINSCOPE ( 'Table'[second hierarchy] ), [Original Measure], BLANK () )

If the original value is a column, apply the correct aggregation type to the column in the new measure. I use MAX for example in below DAX. 

New Measure =
IF (
ISINSCOPE ( 'Table'[second hierarchy] ),
MAX ( 'Table'[Original column] ),
BLANK ()
)

Best regards,

Jing

StefArroyo
Employee
Employee

@amitchandak 

So, this is just a random example, but is there a way to essentially make all of the values of the columns blank while the rows are collapsed?

StefArroyo_2-1611198076819.png

StefArroyo_1-1611198058052.png

Hi @StefArroyo , you can format the subtotals' font color consistent with the background color to hide them.

012201.jpg

Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing Zhang
If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help other members find it.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@StefArroyo , I am not sure what you want to show here. I doubt you can collapse the last level. means one level would be expanded.

What you want to achieve here.

In case you need to hide show, you can use bookmarks

https://radacad.com/bookmarks-and-buttons-making-power-bi-charts-even-more-interactive

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.