Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

saitks99
Employee
Employee

How to calculate ratio for this scenario

My Question is :

saitks99_1-1600884524124.png

Actually, this is what I have, Forumula used for Ratio : 

Ratio = (CALCULATE(SUM(Query1[RenewalCount]),FILTER(Query1,Query1[EligibleTrackingDay] = 10)))

***I want 8488163 should be repeated in entire table, help me out !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, @saitks99 , pls try this

Ratio =
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Query1[RenewalCount] ), Query1[EligibleTrackingDay] = 10 )

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

DAX is simple, but NOT EASY!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
CNENFRNL
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi, @saitks99 , pls try this

Ratio =
CALCULATE ( SUM ( Query1[RenewalCount] ), Query1[EligibleTrackingDay] = 10 )

Thanks to the great efforts by MS engineers to simplify syntax of DAX! Most beginners are SUCCESSFULLY MISLED to think that they could easily master DAX; but it turns out that the intricacy of the most frequently used RANKX() is still way beyond their comprehension!

This worked, what is the difference with FILTER then ?

Hi, @saitks99 , in fact, it's EVALUATION CONTEXT which is in play here. I recommend a classic blog by Jeffrey Wang unveiling some essential details in this regard.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @saitks99 ,

You can also try this:

Ratio = CALCULATE(SUM(Query1[RenewalCount]),FILTER(ALLSELECTED(Query1),Query1[EligibleTrackingDay] = 10))

It should work the same as what @CNENFRNL mentioned.

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.