Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

FogoFortitude
Regular Visitor

How to auto organise semantic model diagram into same window

I'm encountering a challenge with how Power BI Desktop visualy represents the semantic model in Power BI Desktop. Each time I introduce a new table to the model, it always placed far away from my existing tables. This situation necessitates extensive scrolling to rearrange the tables, in order to move them into the same window frame.

Does anyone know of an automated solution or a feature within Power BI that can ensure all tables/objects in the semantic model are automatically organised to fit within a single page/window frame?

The goal is to streamline the visualisation and interaction process within the semantic model.

I appreciate any insights or tips you might share to tackle this issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @FogoFortitude 
We don't have something like this automatically, but you can create separate diagrams, kind of splitting the diagram into sheets to organize the model better.

Take a look at the linked document

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-modeling-view

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @FogoFortitude 
We don't have something like this automatically, but you can create separate diagrams, kind of splitting the diagram into sheets to organize the model better.

Take a look at the linked document

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/transform-model/desktop-modeling-view

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.