Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nurulizzaty
Helper I
Helper I

How to add vertical line in a line & stacked column chart?

Hello experts!

nurulizzaty_0-1690273324115.png

Currently i have the column stacked bar with a green line.. I want to add the red line which is vertical line in the visual.. Is that possible?

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Regards,

Izzaty

3 REPLIES 3
foodd
Super User
Super User

EDITED and UPDATED  for a change of Chart type from Stacked column chart to Line and stacked column chart.

This is referred to as a Constant Line (or reference line) and is accessible via the Analytics Pane when the Visual is Selected.

Both the Line Chart Visual and Stacked Column Chart Visual fully support X and Y Axis Constant Lines and found in the Analytics Pane when the chart visual is selected.  The Line and Stacked Column Chart Visual supports X Axis Constant Lines as a feature of the Analytics Pane. However, you can add a Y-Axis Constant line by first creating a measure, and adding it to the Line y-axis as a source.  Formatting is handled in Visualizations|Format visual|Viaual|LinesColors.  Some visuals have varying levels of support for either or all constant lines when coded into the visual features. When a feature is not fully supported, and you apply a workaround, unplanned results may occur in the rendered visual, however, this technique is known and aged. It is up to the reader to decide when this is appropriate. This advice is an example and for demonstration purposes only. There is no guarantee that this demonstration applies to your use case. The image below of a Line and stacked column Chart demonstrates this technique. 

foodd_0-1690397100186.png

Use the Analytics pane in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Re: How to Add an vertical line on the Line chart? - Microsoft Fabric Community

Power BI - Dynamic Reference Line on X-Axis - YouTube

Hi @foodd. I'm unable to see the same setting as yours.. This is my view

nurulizzaty_0-1690339867905.png

You're using the line & stacked column chart right?

nurulizzaty_1-1690339949661.png

See updated reply.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.