Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

How to add horizontal scrollbar for Expanded rows in Power BI Matrix?

I have turned off the stepped layout for the matrix & added more fields to the row section. But I can't Horizontally scroll through the expanded rows section. It's like frozen. Is there any way to scroll that?This  fields that i added to row section of matrix & turned off the stepped layout for this view but cant horizontally scroll through this, I need a view like this, Is there any work around?This fields that i added to row section of matrix & turned off the stepped layout for this view but cant horizontally scroll through this, I need a view like this, Is there any work around?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
saravanan_p
Resolver III
Resolver III

Yes, if Stepped layout is  turned on , you get as  hierarchical order. 
Attach a screenshot below for your reference:

sl2.png

 If this is what you are looking , plz mark as solution and a thumps up

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Henrikwcarlsson
Frequent Visitor

This was acctually a kind of neat work around. Not optimal but still.

(177) How To Make a Vertical / Horizontal Scroll Bar in Power BI Report - YouTube

saravanan_p
Resolver III
Resolver III

Yes, if Stepped layout is  turned on , you get as  hierarchical order. 
Attach a screenshot below for your reference:

sl2.png

 If this is what you are looking , plz mark as solution and a thumps up

saravanan_p
Resolver III
Resolver III

Not sure with your scenario unless we have a sample pbix file. May be your data is heavy , try publishing and use the visual in power bi service. The ram in your pc matters to load and scroll heavy data with measures which could be overridded by using them in power bi service

Anonymous
Not applicable

1.PNG2.PNG
These all are the fields I added to the matrix. & turned off the stepped layout. (if it's not turned off the fields I added in the row section will be in a hierarchical order, that's not what i needed)

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not more than the page size, I resized it, won't work. it's the row section thatis unable to scroll , Capture.PNG

saravanan_p
Resolver III
Resolver III

I believe your visual size is more than page size. Resize the visual to fit in page and you could see horizontal scroll bar automatically added.

Kindly make as solution and thumps up. If still problem exist , attach a sample pbis file.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.