Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Madhura29
Frequent Visitor

How to add different background colors to the Row Headers

Hello Everyone !

Please help me solve the following Doubt !

I want to add different background colors and fonts to the row headers as well as the columns in Matrix..
I have added the attachement for the reference.  

Madhura29_0-1629463301525.png

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Madhura29 ,

sadly that's not possible in Power BI. You can just give the same color to all headers.

Sorry for that.

If you want you can post that as idea for Power BI. Then it might get implemented in one of the future releases.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Madhura29 ,

Has your problem been solved, if so, please consider Accept a correct reply as the solution or share your own solution to help others find it.

Best Regards
Lucien

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Madhura29 ,

Based on my research, It is unsupported to achieve your requirement with a matrix visual. As a workaround, you may try to use a table visual.

Here is my sample data.
Table:

vluwangmsft_0-1629696528548.png

You may make the table visual selected, go to 'Format' ribbon, click 'Field formatting', choose a filed, select a color, check 'Apply to header', uncheck 'Apply to values'. While in a matrix visual, there is no option as a table visual.

vluwangmsft_1-1629696528403.png

Don't forget to give thumbs up and accept this as a solution if it helped you!!!

Best Regards

Lucien

danielwelch
Resolver II
Resolver II

Hi Madhura29,

1:In field formatting select the colour you want for each column
2: Enable conditional formatting for each column with background colour on, in advanced options set the lowest and highest values to white (or background of your matrix)

nvprasad
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi Madhura29,

You can do this in the "Filed Formatting" section under the "Format" tab (below the visualizations).

Select each field to give the required color then turn on "Apply to Header" ( You can turn off for values).

Appreciate the Kudos! 🙂
If this helps and resolves the issue, please mark it as a Solution! 🙂

Regards,
N V Durga Prasad

selimovd
Super User
Super User

Hey @Madhura29 ,

sadly that's not possible in Power BI. You can just give the same color to all headers.

Sorry for that.

If you want you can post that as idea for Power BI. Then it might get implemented in one of the future releases.

If you need any help please let me know.
If I answered your question I would be happy if you could mark my post as a solution ✔️ and give it a thumbs up 👍

Best regards
Denis

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.