Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ericbi
Frequent Visitor

How to add delta between columns

Hi, 

I have a report needs to add delta of revenue& profit between each year.  anyone can help? 

here is a sample of what I need. 

Capture.JPG

thank you

Eric

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@ericbi,

Based your description, you need to calculate the difference between two columns in Matrix, right?

Currently, there is no such a functionally to achieve this requirement directly. To workaround it we can create calculated measure, here is a similar issue for you reference.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Difference-between-two-columns-or-rows/td-p/188185

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@ericbi,

Based your description, you need to calculate the difference between two columns in Matrix, right?

Currently, there is no such a functionally to achieve this requirement directly. To workaround it we can create calculated measure, here is a similar issue for you reference.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Difference-between-two-columns-or-rows/td-p/188185

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Hello @v-caliao-msft

Is there a possibility to create a flexible delta? As an example, instead of always comparing January x February, I want to have the freedom to select a month in a slicer and then the delta would be calculated.

The way here mentioned allows me to have a measure with a specific month inside, but I didn´t find a way to have this flexibility on it.

Thank you in advance.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, did you ever get this properly resolved?

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.