Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

TCarrasquillo
Helper II
Helper II

Wierd Visual Bug? Text boxes "ghosting" on to other report pages.

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping someone else has at least seen this happen or I might drive my self crazy. I have several pages on a report 2 pages with very similar layouts (one Executive view, one Area Manager view)
Page 1Page 1   Page 2Page 2   Page 3Page 3

I've noticed this a few times before but normally I would just close the report and open it back up and it would be fine, but today I had been working for a while refining all the visuals for the new year and didn't want to lose the progress I'd made. I saved thinking this was just visual and probably only my computer. I then went and had a collegue open the report on his system and it was saved just like this (pics above) all pages have the same text boxes and I can't remove them.

Any help would be much appreciated. 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @TCarrasquillo 

Based on your description, you may try to click 'View' ribbon and make 'Selection Pane' selected to check whether the auto-duplicating text boxes appear in the 'Selection Pane'.

d1.png

d2.png

I have tried serval times and fail to reproduce the error. There is a similar case. You may refer to the following link.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Text-box-headers-auto-duplicating-on-other-pages/m-p/821239

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-alq-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi, @TCarrasquillo 

Based on your description, you may try to click 'View' ribbon and make 'Selection Pane' selected to check whether the auto-duplicating text boxes appear in the 'Selection Pane'.

d1.png

d2.png

I have tried serval times and fail to reproduce the error. There is a similar case. You may refer to the following link.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Text-box-headers-auto-duplicating-on-other-pages/m-p/821239

Best Regards

Allan

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hey @v-alq-msft ,

Thanks for trying to help, your advice actually pointed me in the right direction, at least in my case. I seem to have fixed the issue.

For anyone else that might run into this issue, what happened was I duplicated the entire page, so all the visuals were the same but later on I resized and added to the "copy" for a different view. Then I grouped the visuals to make rearranging the page easier if I came up with furture edits.

I'm pretty sure my issue was the "original"/first page, did not have the visuals grouped. So when I navigated from the first page to the copy, it was still trying to duplicate the page. I still think it is some kind of "Bug", but at least for now grouping the visuals seems to have worked.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.