Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

woofwoof123
Frequent Visitor

How to add Multiple Contain Filters in PowerBI

Hello, I want to create multiple contain filters in PowerBI table. Example is below:

woofwoof123_0-1715192834840.png

woofwoof123_1-1715192993099.png

I want to perform multiple filters on the Item column. I want to filter to include text contains 'Farm', 'Hotel', 'House', and 'Tower'. But when I try to filter 'Farm' and 'Hotel' first, there's no option to filter for 'House' and 'Tower'. How can I include the other options without the basic filtering type:

woofwoof123_0-1715196164581.png

As a reminder, this is just an example. Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Wilson_
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey woofwoof123,

Sounds like your issue is you want to have more than four clauses (?) in your advanced filtering? If so, bit of a quirk but what you can do is select four options in your basic filtering, then convert it to an advanced filter. When you do that, you will then see four different clauses.

This is an example from a pbix I have. (Ignore the nerdy context haha)

Wilson__0-1715215147317.png

Let me know if that's not what you were looking for or if I didn't explain myself well.

----------------------------------
If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it quickly. Also, don't forget to hit that thumbs up and subscribe! (Oh, uh, wrong platform?)

P.S. Need a more in-depth consultation for your Power BI data modeling or DAX issues? Feel free to hire me on Upwork or DM me directly on here! I would love to clear up your Power BI headaches.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Wilson_
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey woofwoof123,

Sounds like your issue is you want to have more than four clauses (?) in your advanced filtering? If so, bit of a quirk but what you can do is select four options in your basic filtering, then convert it to an advanced filter. When you do that, you will then see four different clauses.

This is an example from a pbix I have. (Ignore the nerdy context haha)

Wilson__0-1715215147317.png

Let me know if that's not what you were looking for or if I didn't explain myself well.

----------------------------------
If this post helps, please consider accepting it as the solution to help other members find it quickly. Also, don't forget to hit that thumbs up and subscribe! (Oh, uh, wrong platform?)

P.S. Need a more in-depth consultation for your Power BI data modeling or DAX issues? Feel free to hire me on Upwork or DM me directly on here! I would love to clear up your Power BI headaches.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.