Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

manazaeljora

How to Set Column-Specific or Line-Specific Maximum Values for Data Bars in a Power BI Matrix?

In Power BI, I have a Matrix object. I added a 'data bar' cell element so that each cell displays a data bar. However, the data bars are set to the maximum value of the entire table, but I would like each column or line to have its own maximum reference. Therefore, in the table, each column or line would have its own maximum value as the reference for each cell's data bar. Is it possible to achieve this?

Below the image considering the maximum referente of the entire table.

manazaeljora_0-1715171359748.png

3 REPLIES 3
manazaeljora

Hello Slim,

Unfortunately it doesn't work. What I would like is to change the reference of what would be the maximum value of my bar graph for each cell in the table. Using the standard feature of the Matrix object in Visual > Cell Elements > Data Bars, the maximum reference of the bar chart is the entire filtered table. I would like to change this maximum reference per column, not the entire table.

As for more information about the dataset, it can be thought of as any simple table. If a simple table, activate this feature in Visual > Cell Elements > Data Bars, the visual will be like what I shared.

Does this help?

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/POWER-BI-Visualizations-Cell-Elements-Bars-Missing...

Sorry, indeed I had not read it correctly,

I do not think that it is possible : you can only use the maximum of the whole set, or a fixed maximum that you set up for the whole set in a Matrix.

However you could use a table instead and by creating new measures (using calculate and filter) you could plot the same data and set the maximum of bar chart for each column added in the table.

By doing this you are unfortunately losing your hierarchy on lines so I do not think that it will suit you.

Let me know if I am not clear,

Regards,

Slim-
Regular Visitor

Hi @manazaeljora ,

Have you considered adding a measure using DAX "MAX" function and putting this measure as a column of your matrix ?

If it is not working I would need more info about your data.

Regards

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.