Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

SergeyA

How do I increase my Titel in my JSON file

Hi,

I want to set a certain allowable line width for the title bar so that if the text in the title bar is longer, the remainder will be moved to a next line. This is possible by changing the width of the visual, but I want to make it independent of the width of the visual, if possible.

I tried using "whiteSpace" and "maxWidth" that I found on google, but they don't work. At the moment the design looks like this:

"title": [{
                "show": true,
                "fontColor": { "solid": { "color": "#D22630" } },
                "alignment": "Left",
                "fontSize": 16,
                "fontFamily": "Calibri",
                "bold": true,
                "titleBold": true,
                "wordWrap": true,
                "whiteSpace": "pre-wrap",
                "maxWidth": "10",
                "wordBreak": "break-all"
            }],

, where the width for the example is 10, but Power BI does not respond to the given width. 

Important point. The report is connected to cube live, so DAX is not possible here.

Could you please tell me if this is possible in general? And if so, how?

Thanks a lot!

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @SergeyA,

Have you tried to use the ‘width’ property in theme file? In addition, you can also try to enable the ‘word wrap’ property if help with your scenario.

Use report themes in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Hi, @v-shex-msft,

Thank you so much for your reply. The article is familiar to me, I have read it before. Unfortunately, PowerBI does not respond to these properties. I'm already pretty sure that this is generally not possible. Once again, thank you very much for your help!

HI @SergeyA,

In fact, currently these properties not fully released and can be recognized to use in power bi visuals. Perhaps you can try to submit an idea about support more properties about theme file usages.

Microsoft Power BI ideas

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.