Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jileigh
Helper I
Helper I

How do I apply filters differently to two different tables?

ok, I can't find a "Post a question" button so here goes. Sorry in advance.

I have one table with distinct contract #s and a date that is filtered based on a date slicer.  I have a second table with the same underlying dataset that I want to filter on a broader set of dates but limit to the contract #s in that first table.

So far, both tables are applying the slicer dates since it was the same fieldname (I imagine).  For a little more clarification, table A is limited to roughly a 2-month period.  I want table B to limit to a full year (which includes the original 2 months but only for the contracts that met the filters from table A.)

1 REPLY 1
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@jileigh , In such case you should not use a common date table. Filter should come from date of tables or from separate date tables

To pass the contracts you can try like

Calculate([Measure of tbale2], filter(Table2, Table2[Contract] in values(Table1[Contract]) ) )

You can also consider treatas

https://www.sqlbi.com/articles/propagate-filters-using-treatas-in-dax/

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.