Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

heatherwilliams

How Can I Fix the 'Error Initializing QBPOS Application Log'?

I am trying to launch the QuickBooks POS application, but during initializing, it forced me to update. However, the update isn’t complete. Can someone explain to me why this happened and what I should do to fix this issue?

2 REPLIES 2
suzannekimes43

Hi, @heatherwilliams 

Issues when initializing the QuickBooks POS version can occur for various reasons, such as outdated software or the QBPOS shell folder being damaged. So, first, make sure to use the updated version of the application. If the error initializing QBPOS application log persists, follow the steps mentioned below to fix the QBPOS shell folder:

• Launch the Task Manager by pressing the Ctrl + Alt + Del keys together.
  • Go to the Processes tab, find the QBPOSShell file, and click on End Process.
  • Further, press the Windows + E keys to launch the Windows Explorer.
  • Make sure the File Explorer displays the hidden files and folders. If it doesn’t display these files, follow the below steps:
  1. Launch the Windows File Manager and click on Organize at the top of your screen.
  2. Further, choose Folder and Search Options.
  3. Move to the View tab and click on the radio button located beside Show Hidden File.
  4. Now, click on Apply and then hit OK.
  • Once it displays the hidden files, go to the C:\Users\[User Name]\App Data \Local file path.
  • From the options on your screen, go to the Intuit tab.
  • Further, find the QBPOS Shell file with the .exe extension at the end.
  • Now, right-click on this file and select Rename.
  • Add the .OLD word at the end of the file name and save it.
  • Once done, the damaged file will be replaced with a new one.

Now, try again to launch the QB POS and make sure the error initializing QBPOS application log is fixed. If not, you can visit our detailed article mentioned above.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.