Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ManishML
Frequent Visitor

Hit specific API in a time loop (After defined duration)

Hello, Basically I want to hit some API's instead of whole dashboard as it affects the database. so is it possible to create a loop / function which can hit some API's after a defined time span, like after every hour, or is it possible to create a timer / scheduler of some specific API's to pull data as in result the whole dashboard will be updated on daily basis and some API's on hourly basis.

2 REPLIES 2
ManishML
Frequent Visitor

Firslty, thank you for this informative article, but I am looking for something which could hit my API every hour. so I will be able to analyse hourly data.(Also can't use schedular as it loads the whole dashbored, I just wanted to hit some APIs) Now the reason why I mention word loop in my question is, Any loop / function / timer which in result hit API continuesly for every single hour. 

v-xiaotang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @ManishML 

Thanks for reaching out to us.

Here is a great article on it, How to loop through an API with Power BI without knowing last page – PBI Guy (pbi-guy.com)

vxiaotang_0-1664525955667.png

vxiaotang_1-1664526049623.png

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Tang

If this post helps, please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.