Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Arin

Highlight 2 Same Visual Together in Different Bookmark

HI there

I have Menu Buttom which is bookmarked and drop list of page name which I can navigate and whenever it was closed there was empty space which I decided to change that .In order that I make copy  most of visual for have different size of vizual in different bookmark.Actually I made this change for mobile view cause there is menu buttom in and droped page list like desktop mode.whenever menu is opened there isn't much space for visual like chart to illustate all the data so  I need to reposition it for 2 mode:Menu on and Menu off.Now I handle it 90percent of that.suddenly an idea went to my head that user select a part of visual(except slicer because I'd already handle it with sync slicer) like pie chart and whenever close/open menu it remain unchangeable.Is there any solution for this idea or there isn't any way?Menu offMenu offmenu onmenu onmob menu onmob menu onmob menu offmob menu off

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arin ,

When navigating between bookmarks, the bookmarks themselves do not maintain the selection state of the data points in the visual object. The following options can be tried:
1. Use drill-down pages: Instead of trying to maintain selections in a visual object through bookmarks, you can use the drill-down feature.
2. Explore custom visual objects: Browsing the custom visual objects available in the marketplace or developing custom visual objects can provide finer control over user interaction and state management.

For more details, you can read below document:

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-kongfanf-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Arin ,

When navigating between bookmarks, the bookmarks themselves do not maintain the selection state of the data points in the visual object. The following options can be tried:
1. Use drill-down pages: Instead of trying to maintain selections in a visual object through bookmarks, you can use the drill-down feature.
2. Explore custom visual objects: Browsing the custom visual objects available in the marketplace or developing custom visual objects can provide finer control over user interaction and state management.

For more details, you can read below document:

Create report bookmarks in Power BI to share insights and build stories - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Set up drillthrough in Power BI reports - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,
Adamk Kong

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.