Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

madiaree
Frequent Visitor

Hide matrix rows dynamically when they are blank

I have a matrix thathas one column value and is using multiple measures, one for each row/value. I have several slicers on the table and when the result of the measure is 0 or null, the matrix shows "--" for that value. My goal is that when all the results of  a measure across the row are "--" all across the row, that the entire row will hide/filter itself out. Essentially, the number of rows that show at any given time should always be dependent on the values. If there are non 0/null values in the row, it should show. If every value is 0/null, it should hide.

Considerations/limitations:

• None of the measures have a common shared table
  • Two of the tables have a shared column that is used to slice the calculations in the table but doesn't impact the rows/columns showing/hiding
  • The tables cannot be combined into one

I am essentially lookig to filter by measure/row to hide blank rows.

4 REPLIES 4
BenniBenz

I am not sure it meets your criteria, but I have used  NOT ( ISBLANK ( [Measure] ) ) in the DAX to not show rows that have blank values. In my case I also wanted to format numbers in millions without the M som my new measure was:

New measure =

IF (
        NOT ( ISBLANK ( [Original Measure] ) ),
        FORMAT ( [Original Measure], "#,##0,,.00" )
    )
Ritaf1983
Super User
Super User

Hi @madiaree 
Please refer to my and @Ahmedx solutions at the linked discussion:

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Desktop/Hide-row-if-all-the-measure-values-0/m-p/3469165#M...

(my also has a link to the file with example)

If this post helps, then please consider Accepting it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Hi,

When I combined the measures into one formula and used it as a filter, it made every row in my matrix disappear and only left one, blank column.

Hi @madiaree  

I don't think I can understand the problem based on a verbal description alone, so try downloading my file with the example and follow my steps. Or attach a sample file of your own as a link.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.