Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

TCavins
Helper V
Helper V

Hide Matrix value for first Row/Category

I have a matrix that I'd like to put a BLANK() in for a value for the first row/category. In the image below if its expanded or not, hide the value circled in red for ColB. I've been able to create a measure using ISFILTERED but I'm unable to do anything but hardcode text for that field. I'm unable to use a value from the dataset if it's FALSE. Is there a way to hide just that value but display all the others for the expanded rows? It's taking the first value that's available which doesn't make any sense for the category as it applies to the expanded rows. Any ideas?

Hide the No circled in redHide the No circled in red

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
TCavins
Helper V
Helper V

Think I solved it with the following measures. IsFiltered checks the second row that is displayed after expanding the first row to see if its filtered. Measure then says if it's not filtered display the minimum value of Column B. Each value in the second row can only have 1 value in Column B, since they repeat, I had to get the first value only for Column B.

IsFiltered = If(ISFILTERED(TableName[SecondCategory-Row]), BLANK(),True)

Measure = if([IsFiltered] = True, BLANK(),

CALCULATE(MIN(Query1[ColB]))

)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
TCavins
Helper V
Helper V

Think I solved it with the following measures. IsFiltered checks the second row that is displayed after expanding the first row to see if its filtered. Measure then says if it's not filtered display the minimum value of Column B. Each value in the second row can only have 1 value in Column B, since they repeat, I had to get the first value only for Column B.

IsFiltered = If(ISFILTERED(TableName[SecondCategory-Row]), BLANK(),True)

Measure = if([IsFiltered] = True, BLANK(),

CALCULATE(MIN(Query1[ColB]))

)

dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @TCavins , 

It seems that you solved this problem, right?  If so and if you'd like to, you could mark corresponding post as answer or share your solutions. That way, people who in this forum and have similar issue will benefit from it.

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.