Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

cbritocr

Hide Decimals in table

Hello!

I have a table with a measure decimal but I need that in a table hide them, and that in the moment of export data keep the decimal?

The problem that I have is that if I hide the decimals in the formats tool of the Power BI Desktop, in the table show the numbers without decimals, but when I export de data to Excel, the data export like integer and I need keep the decimal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @cbritocr,

First, in Power BI desktop, we only can export to .csv file. And we only set the format not data type as the screenshot shown. We can set the data type and format of columns.

1.PNG

Second, you said you export it in excel. I test it in Power BI service, we can export into excel. I set the measure's format as whole number, and publish it to service, then export it to .xlsx excel file, it shows whole number and not decimal. While when you set the digital, it shows correctly.

3.png

Best Regards,
Angelia

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Stachu
Community Champion
Community Champion

Set the 'Data Type' to Decimal Number and the 'Format' to Whole number

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Thank you for the kudos 🙂

Thanks, but I already made the configuration but it does not work with the export in Excel, when I export to Excel the measure is Whole number and not decimal.

Hi @cbritocr,

First, in Power BI desktop, we only can export to .csv file. And we only set the format not data type as the screenshot shown. We can set the data type and format of columns.

1.PNG

Second, you said you export it in excel. I test it in Power BI service, we can export into excel. I set the measure's format as whole number, and publish it to service, then export it to .xlsx excel file, it shows whole number and not decimal. While when you set the digital, it shows correctly.

3.png

Best Regards,
Angelia

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.