Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Pibass
Regular Visitor

Help with XIRR

I am using the XIRR function which seems to be working fine for all cases, but one. Shown here:

Pibass_0-1709072186023.png

The cashflows work in Excel to calculate the XIRR to approximately 27%. 
Here is a link to the cashflows:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao6v0drQftqRhaFhSoO5lNOZeigeeA?e=lghItN 

Here is the DAX for my measure:

Pibass_1-1709072468470.png

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Pibass
Regular Visitor

Thanks for the tips. I initially avoided the use of IFERROR, but when I do that, the row was excluded completely from my results. I added it to see which rows were missing.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Lotsa caveats.

• The series of cash flow values must contain at least one positive number and one negative number.

• Avoid using ISERROR or IFERROR functions to capture an error returned by XIRR. If some inputs to the function may result in a no solution error, providing an alternateResult parameter is the most reliable and highest performing way to handle the error.

• To learn more about using the alternateResult parameter, be to check out this video.

• When the absolute value of initial payment is small, the calculation likely fails to return a valid result.

• Avoid including 0 values in payments. They will not impact the final result, and using 0 as initial payment will fail XIRR() calculation always.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.