Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Pibass
Frequent Visitor

Help with XIRR

I am using the XIRR function which seems to be working fine for all cases, but one. Shown here:

Pibass_0-1709072186023.png

The cashflows work in Excel to calculate the XIRR to approximately 27%. 
Here is a link to the cashflows:
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ao6v0drQftqRhaFhSoO5lNOZeigeeA?e=lghItN 

Here is the DAX for my measure:

Pibass_1-1709072468470.png

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Pibass
Frequent Visitor

Thanks for the tips. I initially avoided the use of IFERROR, but when I do that, the row was excluded completely from my results. I added it to see which rows were missing.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Lotsa caveats.

• The series of cash flow values must contain at least one positive number and one negative number.

• Avoid using ISERROR or IFERROR functions to capture an error returned by XIRR. If some inputs to the function may result in a no solution error, providing an alternateResult parameter is the most reliable and highest performing way to handle the error.

• To learn more about using the alternateResult parameter, be to check out this video.

• When the absolute value of initial payment is small, the calculation likely fails to return a valid result.

• Avoid including 0 values in payments. They will not impact the final result, and using 0 as initial payment will fail XIRR() calculation always.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.