Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

PowersBI
Frequent Visitor

Help with Dynamic Format Strings and Calculation Items

Hi Power Bi Community,

Back again.  This time I could use some help with formatting strings with Calculation Items.

I have a calculation group "Table Filters" with calculation items that I'm using in a table visual.  This is the way to go for me because I have ~100 measures that these could be applied to.  Note for my table, I have a slicer (set on single select) that let's me change the measures (25 of them) from a parameter table.  

I cannot get the table values to display as "0.00%"  I've gone into the semantic model view to format the string.  I've tried the visualizations pane.  I've also tried the individual measure level under Measure tools. 

PowersBI_0-1706298064781.png

PowersBI_1-1706298123458.png

Under Measure tools:

PowersBI_2-1706298219507.png

Under Visualization Pane:

PowersBI_3-1706298932946.png

Bug? Limitation? Wrong method?  If anyone's got ideas, I'm all ears over here.  

Also, unrelated but if anyone knows a method to apply conditional color formatting to all series, rather than go into the visualization pane for every single measure, that would also be great.  

Thank you in advance! 

2 REPLIES 2
PowersBI
Frequent Visitor

Unfortunately, your suggestion did not solve the issue.  🙁  

Daniel29195
Super User
Super User

@PowersBI 

did you try to use the format  function : 

at the end of your measure  :
return 

format( calculation , "%##.##")

let me know if it works for you . 

If my answer helped sort things out for you, feel free to give it a thumbs up and mark it as the solution! It makes a difference and might help someone else too. Thanks for spreading the good vibes! 👍🤠

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.