Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mircealitoiu
Frequent Visitor

Help please - Line chart with percentages from total

Hello everyone,

I am struggling with showing the measure I have created ( percentage from total for each application) in a line chart.
In a bar chart the data is correct, but I need it as line chart - so I can see the evolution over time, and for somewhat reason the line chart divides the values for each day, instead of showing the actual values.
In the images below, you can see for example thtat the first one has 28% for one day and 27.69% for another day. Looking at the line chart, we are seeing values of around 2%. 
PS: It is not a matter of multiplying because some other applications, which should be like 0.5% of total are showing like 4% into the line chart.

EDIT: I have found the solution in another topic.

Measure = 
DIVIDE (
    SUM ( 'Fruit Sample Data Set'[ Units Sold ] ),
    CALCULATE (
        SUM ( 'Fruit Sample Data Set'[ Units Sold ] ),
        ALL ( 'Fruit Sample Data Set'[Fruit] )
    )
)

Appreciate any help that can be given!

Mircea

mircealitoiu_0-1622116479701.png

mircealitoiu_1-1622116511011.png

mircealitoiu_2-1622116526802.png

3 REPLIES 3
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @mircealitoiu  ,

You need to ensure that the fields on the x-axis of your two visual objects are the same to display the same data.

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@mircealitoiu , Have marked this column as % column in column tools

Data Format New Rib.png

Other than each visual can have option for format, so check if that as been used in BAR if first one(Column property)  is not %

Hi amitchandak!
Thank you for your answer. I have checked and the measure is formated as %, as you can see below.

mircealitoiu_0-1622119509020.png

I am not sure where to check this "Other than each visual can have option for format, so check if that as been used in BAR if first one(Column property)  is not %". 

Could you please give an example?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.