Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Help getting target measure to show in stacked column line chart

Hi All,

I've created a dashboard based on Dynamics Online. The base data is the number of opportunities won by month. I've got this showing correctly by using the count of opportunityid as the Y axis and an appropriate date field as the X axis in date hierarchy mode showing just month and year out of the Opportunitie table. The issue is the Monthly target is currently sitting in a caculated column in the goals table. Its a calculated column as each goal is actually an annual target so I just divided it by 12 to get the monthly target in a calculated column. When I add that monthly target to the stacked column and line chart as the line value nothing shows...

Any advice/guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Suzanne

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please find the pbix file here: PBIX sample file 

I couldnt quite get the date table to work so I created a new table based on measures. I've been able to create a row per month that holds a measure for that months sales and target. 

The issue I have now is getting the sales measure to get the right information out of the opportunities table. If an opportunity has a entry in the fields gen_termsagreedactualuncondate and _gen_job_value then that constitutes a sale, just need a count of sales for each month for the region Rotorua/Taupo (linked regions table included).

At the top of the pbix file I have a table that has the correct data.

Below it is the stacked column and line chart that I am trying to display the data in.

Thankyou for your help so far! I appreciate the assitance and look forward to being able to help others with this knowledge...

Suzanne

Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, I believe I finally got this sorted! The formula I used is:

JanuarySales = COUNTX(FILTER(opportunities,RELATED(gen_regions[gen_name])="Rotorua/Taupo" && opportunities[gen_termsagreedactualuncondate].[Year]=2021 && opportunities[gen_termsagreedactualuncondate].[Month] = "January"), opportunities[gen_termsagreedactualuncondate])

Which gave the right numbers when I update the month 🙂

Thanks for all your help and suggestions
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Anonymous 
That sounds strange, you should able to create the chart if relationship are managed properly.Can you create a sample pbix removing or changing sensitive data. 

Paul Zheng _ Community Support Team

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous 

You are going to need a calendar table in your model that you connect to both the Opportunities and Goals tables.  Then your x axis will come from the calendar table which will correctly filter the lower tables.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thankyou, I've just created a calendar table that starts today()-365 and finishes today()+365. Then I linked the opportunity table with the date field I was using for the x axis and with the start date field in the goals table would that be right?

At the moment its not showing anything in the chart..

It sounds correct, yes.  Can you try it with a measure for the goal rather than pulling the field out of the table?

Monthly target measure = SUM ( 'Goals'[Monthly target] )

Perhaps you can share your .pbix here (load it to drop box or one drive and share the link)?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.