Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

ghe7549
Helper III
Helper III

Heatmap Matrix Help

I am trying to create a non-typical heatmap.  I need to have the facility name in their corresponding division and based on a % of completion i will change the colors.  Is this something that can be done in Power BI if so what visualization would i use?

ghe7549_0-1647869547743.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HI @ghe7549,

I think you need to shape your table structures for matrix usage. You can convert them to 'index', 'division name', 'facility name', and '% of completion'.

After these steps, you can create a matrix with 'index', 'division name' to row fields, 'facility name' to column fields, '% of completion' to value fields. Then you can write a measure to check the current '% of completion' values to return color code and use on color formatting.

Conditional table formatting in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@ghe7549 , Matrix or table visual using a color measure

How to do conditional formatting by measure and apply it on pie? : https://youtu.be/RqBb5eBf_I4

When i put the facility names in the values within a matrix it only allows for the first of last and the table i just get 2 columns not one division column and the corresponding facility names within that row.

HI @ghe7549,

I think you need to shape your table structures for matrix usage. You can convert them to 'index', 'division name', 'facility name', and '% of completion'.

After these steps, you can create a matrix with 'index', 'division name' to row fields, 'facility name' to column fields, '% of completion' to value fields. Then you can write a measure to check the current '% of completion' values to return color code and use on color formatting.

Conditional table formatting in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.