Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

MattScruggs
Frequent Visitor

Headcount By date and person (Taking ST/OT into account)

I need help with setting up a column to return 1 as a head count per person by date. The one issue is, with the data pulled, if someone got both straigth time and overtime on the same day, they would appear as 2 for that day. See attached. Any help would be greatly appriciated. 

Example1.png

3 REPLIES 3
MattScruggs
Frequent Visitor

I should have mentioned, I set up the example in Excel, But I am trying to get this to work in PowerBI using DAX and calculated columns

Hi @MattScruggs 

" if someone got both straigth time and overtime on the same day, they would appear as 2 for that day."

But the result in your excel is 1,0 , not 2. isn't correct? 

Community Support Team _ Dina Ye
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more
quickly.

Hello, The result in the excel is just text entered to show a desired result. I cannot figure out how to get it to calculate that desired result in DAX in Power BI. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.