Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

gaganbansal97
Frequent Visitor

HTML Content in Table Column

I have a table in which one column has data in the form of HTML. I am making a table visual that shows all the columns. The issue is I am not able to render the HTML data accordgin to the tags. For example: If the HTML has <table> tag, then I am not able to show the data in table format.

Below ss shows the data that I have got by making a custom column (Html.Table([Alert] , {{"text",":root"}}))

gaganbansal97_0-1682171110788.png

But this is not what I want. I want similiar to the below ss. I made this visual using HTML Content. But the problem is I can't add other columns in this visual.

gaganbansal97_1-1682171184104.png

Just to brief you, I want a table in which I can shows columns along with the column that has HTML data according to the tags present in it. So instead of custom.text (present in 1st ss), I want the column in 2nd ss to be there.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gaganbansal97 

I'm afraid the built-in table visual doesn't support that. It only supports data types listed in Data types in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn. And it can only specify the data category for a Text type column with the following options. It cannot render a HTML content. Data categorization in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjingzhang_0-1682413197050.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Is there any other visual by which I can show the HTML column data along with other columns data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.