Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

gaganbansal97
Frequent Visitor

HTML Content in Table Column

I have a table in which one column has data in the form of HTML. I am making a table visual that shows all the columns. The issue is I am not able to render the HTML data accordgin to the tags. For example: If the HTML has <table> tag, then I am not able to show the data in table format.

Below ss shows the data that I have got by making a custom column (Html.Table([Alert] , {{"text",":root"}}))

gaganbansal97_0-1682171110788.png

But this is not what I want. I want similiar to the below ss. I made this visual using HTML Content. But the problem is I can't add other columns in this visual.

gaganbansal97_1-1682171184104.png

Just to brief you, I want a table in which I can shows columns along with the column that has HTML data according to the tags present in it. So instead of custom.text (present in 1st ss), I want the column in 2nd ss to be there.

2 REPLIES 2
v-jingzhang
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @gaganbansal97 

I'm afraid the built-in table visual doesn't support that. It only supports data types listed in Data types in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn. And it can only specify the data category for a Text type column with the following options. It cannot render a HTML content. Data categorization in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

vjingzhang_0-1682413197050.png

Best Regards,
Community Support Team _ Jing
If this post helps, please Accept it as Solution to help other members find it.

Is there any other visual by which I can show the HTML column data along with other columns data?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.