Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

torchesamuel
Frequent Visitor

Group bar chart by measures

Hello, I dont know if this has been solved because I dont know how to search.. But I am new to Powerbi from Tableau and I need to have the bar chart display according to measures and not by company as powerbi gives by default.. Please find attached exactly what I want to have... What you see in the picture is done in Tableau.

Powerbi groups it according to the company

So company A will have likes bar, comment bar and share bar

But I want like bars of companies A B and C as one
Comments bars of A B and C
Share bars of A B c

More like comparison based on measures and not the dimension

Thank you

torchesamuel_0-1668847729015.png

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

ah the things that make tableau easy 🙂

not quite as far as I know. Field paramters were released recently which does make it a bit more flexible.     you could create a field parameter of your measures and filter them but you can't actually group by them that i know of out of the box.

vanessafvg_0-1668854052741.png

here is more info on it

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

https://endjin.com/blog/2022/06/how-to-dynamically-switch-between-measures-in-power-bi-visuals-with-....

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

absolutely, its not as advanced as tableau unfortunately, it has other benefits like cost though  but for more advanced analytics Tableau is still the queen.

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

ah the things that make tableau easy 🙂

not quite as far as I know. Field paramters were released recently which does make it a bit more flexible.     you could create a field parameter of your measures and filter them but you can't actually group by them that i know of out of the box.

vanessafvg_0-1668854052741.png

here is more info on it

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/create-reports/power-bi-field-parameters

https://endjin.com/blog/2022/06/how-to-dynamically-switch-between-measures-in-power-bi-visuals-with-....

I saw a tutorial on field parameters. It did seem like it would work but will not give the comaprison all at once.

instead of clicking likes, comments or shares to show the bars, Tableau shows it all at once! Powerbi in my opinion still need a lot done on analytics.

absolutely, its not as advanced as tableau unfortunately, it has other benefits like cost though  but for more advanced analytics Tableau is still the queen.

I agree. Honestly the only reason why i used powerbi in the first place was because a project I am doing for a company demanded that (cost driven).

i love power query and fancy visualization but it really lacks a lot of analytics!

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.