Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

chua
Employee
Employee

Group Data From Azure Table timeout

My report has two table A and B,

A is from Azure Table,

B is generated by A (B = select A.*, sum(A.xxx) from A inner join A )

And I found that if data source is from Azure Table, although refreshing dialog said that A and B is about 200MB, it takes more than 20GB data in my disk. Desktop refreshing takes more than 1 hour, and schedule refresh in Power BI Service timeout.

I wonder is it a bug when data is from Azure Table? 

To work around this issue, currently I will use an azure function to aggrate data then Power BI consume it directly. But if power bi could aggregate data, it would be better.

4 REPLIES 4
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@chua , While loading power will show the huge size, and later when you save it it will not show that much of size.

I usually prefer a deployment pipeline for this. so I do not have to load all data in dev. I load limited data using power query parameters and change that to a bigger range in power bi service.

In case you want to opt for that

This a power bi premium feature

Premium- Deployment Pipeline, Load More Data on Test/Prod : https://youtu.be/l69cnWkoGX0

Hi, @amitchandak 

In fact, fetching all data from one table is fine for me, but if do aggregate in power query from a Azure Table source, it will timeout

@chua , Try to increase memory management cache to 10-12 GB and check. It should be supported by RAM and Virtual Memory - Under options and setting

Load Setting.png

Try same in dataflow onces. does it make any difference?

Is the setting working for schedule refresh?

My main purpose is solving timeout in schedule refresh.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.