Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

phamtrinh96
Helper II
Helper II

[ Group By Number with Measure ]

Hi , I have a table 

Capture.PNG

I have 4 column CustomerNumber , TransactionDate , RestaurantCode , Amount. 

I want to create " GroupByNumber" , it is the number of "CustomerNumber" appearances. But I want to create it with Caculated "Measure".

Pls help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@phamtrinh96 

GroupBy= CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Sheet1), ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1, Sheet1[CustomerNumber]))

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@phamtrinh96  can you provide the data in text form, not an image?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Hi , This link contain file powerBI

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QrLu6aLuFyFgHqHp5F2a2O6NPibNbkgt/view?usp=sharing

Please help me. I need to your support.

Thank you

@phamtrinh96 

GroupBy= CALCULATE(COUNTROWS(Sheet1), ALLEXCEPT(Sheet1, Sheet1[CustomerNumber]))

Hi , I don't see expect result , Pls check help me 

Capture.PNG

I want create with "measure" , not " column "

@phamtrinh96  may i ask the issue with it being a column?  if you want to group by you will need to create a new table with summarize as far as i know if you want to incluce all the columns.

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.