Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

danielleo596

Google Analytics

Hi, 

I am new to Power BI so very sorry if these are silly questions. I have linked GA through the desktop and I am trying to create visuals (multi row cards in particular).

I have pulled through the Date, Users, New Users, Page/Sessions, PageView, Bounce Rate, Average sess. duration. If I look at a specific date against GA most of the figures match, which is great, but the problem I have is with the Bounce Rate and Average Session duration.

When I look in the query editior for that specific date the figures are in and correct..

Av Session 00:04:17:00 but on the visual its only showing 0.00

Bounce rate 20.27 but on the visual its only showing 0.20

How do I change this or have I not pulled through the correct info from GA for this to show in the correct format. 

Thanks

Dan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @danielleo596

The data type 'Percentage' doesn't exist in the data model in query editor. You can get it by changing the data type in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @danielleo596

It seems you may try to check the data type for your data. If it is not your case, please provide some screenshots for your data in query editor and visual.

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherie, 

It won't allow me to click on that section you have highlighted. In the bounce rate column for example below the percentage is 33.76%, but if you look at the bottom it is 0.373 etc. And that 0.37 is what is showing on my visual. I cant seem to work out how to change to a percentage or move the decimal point. 

Thanks

Danielle

Google.png 

Hi Cherie, 

It is set as percentage in query editor but as you can see at the bottom it is still showing as the decimal number. Thanks Danielle

google 2.png

Hi @danielleo596

The data type 'Percentage' doesn't exist in the data model in query editor. You can get it by changing the data type in Power BI Desktop.

Regards,

Cherie

Hi Cherie, 

Got you, and it worked 🙂 

Thank you very much!

Danielle

Hi @danielleo596

You may try to use Data Type in Query Editor.

1.png

The highlighted section was in Data view. 

1.png

Regards,

Cherie

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.