Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

a68tbird
Resolver II
Resolver II

Google Analytics Connector

Hello All,

A while back, when I was fresh to exploring PowerBI, I managed to connect one of our Google Analytics accounts to PBI. It was relatively easy - created a dashboard on it's own and everything, just basically by entering the GA property ID.  Just like it says here in this article from 2015: https://powerbi.microsoft.com/fr-fr/blog/power-bi-google-analytics-power-analytics/

I deleted that report a while back, and tried to give it a go again just now. However, now when I connect to our GA account, in the data Navigator screen, it's making me drill right down to specific fields before I can load any of the data. For instance, in one of our sites, there are 32 subfolders (Ad Exchange, AdSense, AdWords thru to User Timings), and in the Ecommerce subfolder, there are 64 fields.  I'm being forced to select each one (such as Avg. Order Value, Product Checkouts, Revenue, etc) and no more than 10 fields selectable at a time.  

What happened to that old "plug & play" option where it imported all of that information, and created a very usuable dashboard? 

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@a68tbird ,

Are you using Get Data-> Service-> Google Analytics Report(Preview)? I couldn't found any "plug&play" option in the navigator. You only need to enter the  website ID.

1.PNG 

The report will be several pages as below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@a68tbird ,

Are you using Get Data-> Service-> Google Analytics Report(Preview)? I couldn't found any "plug&play" option in the navigator. You only need to enter the  website ID.

1.PNG 

The report will be several pages as below:

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Well, I resorted to using that product from Havens Consulting. I guess the funtionality described in that article isn't available anymore. When you try to "Get Data" from a service through the PB Online client, you're only offered connections through apps, and GA isn't an offered service anymore.  When getting data through the desktop client, GA is an available online service, however it seems you have to build your reports right from scratch, which I'm sure will be possible, but was hoping to have the benefit of starting off with some key report visuals already to go. 

Thanks

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.