Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mattgen
Regular Visitor

Getting the sort order in a table and storing it in a column or measure

Hey!

I've also made this as a ~90 second video to aid communication: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWciQ7tAn6A

My challenge, which I just can't drop, is as follows. 

I have a PowerBi table element and I need to include the current (live) sort somewhere in the table (via an added column or measure).

The reason for this is that, I've embedded a Power Apps visual to show more details from the records in the table. It works great, the records can be navigated and a filtered to matche the PowerBi table. The additional dimention and interactivity is wonderful.

It's particularly brilliant to be able to navigate the list via the app as well as the PowerBi table.

But.... it only really make sense if the record navigation matches the table order, which it does with the default sort (ID). If I add a filter and click a column (to change the sort), the data exposed via [@PowerBIIntegration].Data is filtered, but always in the same order.

I know that, via dax / added column, I could add a next of ISFILTERED ( Column ) and output a string of the name of the column(s) tthat have been filtered, which the app would be able to read and act upon. But, I cannot see a way to access the sort / order for the query outputting the table.

The table starts off sorted by ID. My only backup is to keep it sorted by ID and somehow stop the users from clicking the table column headers and sorting (transparent button hack - yuk).

Any experience or ideas would be most welcome!

Cheers,

Matt

2 REPLIES 2
mattgen
Regular Visitor

Hey Steven,

Unfortunately - no developments. I'm hoping that there will be an update to the integration.

Added to the feature request group, please support:
https://ideas.fabric.microsoft.com/ideas/idea/?ideaid=c43e6c1a-c558-ee11-a81c-6045bdb0416e

Cheers,
Matt

SWoodring
Frequent Visitor

Hey Matt,

I am also trying to grab the sorted column. Any luck finding a solution yet?

Best,

Steven

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.