Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Get data from .eml file (Outlook message)

Hi Everybody !

Can somedy tell me how to open an ".eml" file (outlook message format)  stored in a sharepoint folder ?

My source is defined as a Sharepoint folder.

When I try to combine my eml file (to load the content) all I can see is code (looks like to be the headers of the email).

Thanks for your time 🙂

4 REPLIES 4
demetrio_11

I recommend using the software Softaken EML to PST Converter if you're looking for a safe and accurate approach to convert EML files to Outlook without losing any kind of data or attachments. Your email message content is safely converted from EML to PST with the software's assistance, protecting all of your private data. The email's complete original meta characteristics include the sender, recipients, subject, and message date. All of the data and attachments from EML files can be safely exported using this strong tool. It assists in correctly hitting the conversion goal. The EML to PST Converter tool works with all versions of Microsoft Outlook. A complimentary version of this software is also offered via the app.

markdaniel01

If you are a Windows Live Mail EML user and need to convert your email from EML to PST, ToolsBaer EML to PST Converter Software is the best assortment. This way emails and attachments from EML can be transferred. Converting Live Mail EML to Outlook PST allows you to view all your emails and attachments in real time. All users are eligible to submit the first 10 items in any folder during the open demo period.

jodoya70

In this case, you have to convert those EML files into PST format which formally supports MS Outlook by default. The conversion can be easily performed by using a trusted solution like GainTools EML to PST Converter. It is one of the most advanced tools for transferring and changing data from EML files into PST format. You can perform the conversion with this tool on any version of Windows OS.

v-rzhou-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you mean that you want to load the attatchments from outlook file in sharepoint folder? As far as I know, Power BI doesn't support us to load .msg format file directly.

I suggest you to try to connect to outlook by Microsoft Exchange connector which is supported by Power BI.

For reference:

Import Email Attachments Directly Into a Power BI Report using Power Query

Outlook .MSG as Data Source

How do I link Outlook 365 with Power BI?

Best Regards,
Rico Zhou

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.