Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

joglidden
Advocate III
Advocate III

Gauge maximum value filtered by 'Visual level filter' - how do I prevent this?

I don't want the maximum value in my gauge filtered by the Visual level filter. I can't find a way to prevent this. Even when I create a new measure, it still ends up getting filtered. The only thing I can do is set it manually, but of course this is useless long-term. It would be great if I could filter the values individually: Value, Minimum value, Maximum Value, Target value.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@joglidden wrote:

I don't want the maximum value in my gauge filtered by the Visual level filter. I can't find a way to prevent this. Even when I create a new measure, it still ends up getting filtered. The only thing I can do is set it manually, but of course this is useless long-term. It would be great if I could filter the values individually: Value, Minimum value, Maximum Value, Target value.

@joglidden

Based on my test, if you'd like the maxinum value in gauage visual to ignore the visual level filter, you can try a measure like

MaxVal= CALCULATE(MAX(Table[Value]),ALL(Table))

Basically you don't have to use measures in Gauge visual, check Tutorial: Radial Gauge charts in Power BI. However measures are more flexible, such as in this case.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eric_Zhang
Employee
Employee

@joglidden wrote:

@joglidden

Based on my test, if you'd like the maxinum value in gauage visual to ignore the visual level filter, you can try a measure like

MaxVal= CALCULATE(MAX(Table[Value]),ALL(Table))

Basically you don't have to use measures in Gauge visual, check Tutorial: Radial Gauge charts in Power BI. However measures are more flexible, such as in this case.

joglidden
Advocate III
Advocate III

To pre-emptively answer my own question, it appears that I need to create separate measures using DAX. Then, populate my gauge with those measures. Is this the preferred approach to gauges?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.