Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

mkeisha
Helper I
Helper I

Gauge Chart with Slicer

I love gauge charts but don't know how to set them up to work with slicers.  (for example, a slicer allowing the user to select a particular customer, and the gauge chart showing progress towards a sales goal.)  Each customer will have a different goal.  

Is it possible to create a gauge chart that works with slicers?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yeah, you can. I have done this myself. In my situation I wrote a whole bunch of DAX measures to assess an 'actual' for a supplier against either a 'regional result', a 'segmentation result' or a 'combination result'. This meant that as i flick through the filter on supplier name, the measures I have created as my targets, mins and max's change based on the supplier and their region/sementation. This was great for my scorecard approach.

It took a while to set up the DAX, but now works like a dream. I have also added in percentiles to the mix for a more standard guage approach.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ashishrj
Power Participant
Power Participant

@mkeisha You can try using DialGauge custom visual in the link provided below:

https://app.powerbi.com/visuals/show/DialGauge1450749964276

We at Cloudfronts Technologies have developed this visual and works well with filters ! Hope this helps !

samdthompson
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Yeah, you can. I have done this myself. In my situation I wrote a whole bunch of DAX measures to assess an 'actual' for a supplier against either a 'regional result', a 'segmentation result' or a 'combination result'. This meant that as i flick through the filter on supplier name, the measures I have created as my targets, mins and max's change based on the supplier and their region/sementation. This was great for my scorecard approach.

It took a while to set up the DAX, but now works like a dream. I have also added in percentiles to the mix for a more standard guage approach.

// if this is a solution please mark as such. Kudos always appreciated.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.