11-26-2018 05:35 PM - edited 11-26-2018 05:36 PM
Does anyone know why the online dashboard returns nothing when I set up a Enterprise gateway and use Import mode to get data from a Stored Procedure, details shown in the screenshot below (for security I removed the Server and DB names for screenshot purpose), and i have enabled all the checkboxed below the SQL statement box, and still it doesn't work, and the thing is in the PowerBI desktop, if I click refresh, the data returns fine, I have no idea what's going on, and the gateway works fine as I go to Powerbi.com and go to the datasets of the dashboard, Schedule Refresh > Gateway Connection > it shows green label status "Running on ..." :
11-27-2018 06:12 PM
Could you mean your report could refresh work on the Desktop, when you have published to the service, the report could not work normally? Based on my test, it could work on my side, maybe the size of your dataset is too large to refresh, please check below points:
1. Check the status of Gateway and credentials from the Settings of the Service;
2. Check the status of refresh history if the time duration is about 2 hours.
3. If the main cause could be the size of the dataset and the quality of the bandwidth, you could try to filtered less data to refresh again.
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
11-27-2018 07:05 PM
Thanks for your reply, please check my comments below:
1. Check the status of Gateway and credentials from the Settings of the Service; - The gateway is saying "Running ok"
2. Check the status of refresh history if the time duration is about 2 hours. - Only 4 mins for one refresh
3. If the main cause could be the size of the dataset and the quality of the bandwidth, you could try to filtered less data to refresh again. - The rows of the SQL table data set is only 4000ish rows, few columns I am using.
The thing is I could reproduce the issue with another Import mode query on one simple SQL table only just wanting to rule out other elements causing the issue, and the same issue appears.
So my conclusion is: Import Mode with SQL Stored Procedure, and with Enterprise Gateway installed on the SQL server, it won't return data after Gateway refresh.
Is there any other suggestions that may solve the issue? Appreciate your help.