Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Rugilė
Regular Visitor

Gantt chart on Power BI

Hello. I am encountering a challenge with my current data visualization endeavor, which I hope you can assist me with. Specifically, when using the Gantt 2.2.3 tool within Power BI to create timelines for my data—a tool that, to my knowledge, is both freely available and purportedly unrestricted—I have observed an unexpected behavior. When I add a particular milestone, the timeline associated with that specific event disappears from view, as depicted in the accompanying image.

Could you kindly advise on potential solutions for this issue? Additionally, I am curious if it is possible to incorporate multiple milestones within the visualization, as my attempts thus far have only allowed for the inclusion of a singular milestone.

Lastly, I would greatly appreciate any recommendations for alternative free tools or methodologies for creating Gantt charts within Power BI.

Thank you in advance. 

Rugil_0-1709796386703.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Rugilė ,

You can check to see if any filters have been applied that might cause the data to disappear.

If you want to add more than one milestones to the Gantt Chart, you can try checking the columns you want to display in Power Query - Unpivot Columns, turn it into a column and place it in the milestones, but this method changes the data structure.

vyangliumsft_0-1709879515872.png

Rerfer to :

Unpivot columns - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: How to Create Gantt Chart Visual With Multiple Mil... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Gantt Chart 2.2.0 milestones - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Creating a timeline with milestones using Power BI - Microsoft Fabric Community

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-yangliu-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Rugilė ,

You can check to see if any filters have been applied that might cause the data to disappear.

If you want to add more than one milestones to the Gantt Chart, you can try checking the columns you want to display in Power Query - Unpivot Columns, turn it into a column and place it in the milestones, but this method changes the data structure.

vyangliumsft_0-1709879515872.png

Rerfer to :

Unpivot columns - Power Query | Microsoft Learn

This is the related document, you can view this content:

Solved: How to Create Gantt Chart Visual With Multiple Mil... - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Gantt Chart 2.2.0 milestones - Microsoft Fabric Community

Solved: Creating a timeline with milestones using Power BI - Microsoft Fabric Community

Can you share sample data and sample output in table format? Or a sample pbix after removing sensitive data. We can better understand the problem and help you

Best Regards,

Liu Yang

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hello, @v-yangliu-msft ,

Thank you for your responese and help. Furthermore, I have added a sample data file exemplifying the issue. I coudn't appload it as a file here, so there's the link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vG0rrqxPbqf6dndHzWY9lXPe5Bhcx8PQ/view?usp=sharing

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.