Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

GA4 Connectors

Hi Team,

I have PowerBI integrated with the Google Analytics for the Version Universal Analaytics and it has been working smoothly. However, I have not been able to connect with the Version GA4 which is the latest one. With Universal Analytics getting retired on July 2023, I have been trying to migrate to GA4. However, the connectors are not working for me. Please do let us know if there is any way we can connect 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Google Analytics have two V4 APIs: V4 Reporting and V4 Data. Power BI does not support GA4 Data right now.  Currently, only GA4 Reporting is supported, which does not access GA4 properties.

You may try to use a third party connector to connect GA4 to Power BI.

Icey_0-1654134158328.png

Reference: Solved: Re: New Google analytics, I connect correctly but ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
QueryWhiz
Helper V
Helper V

Hi, now you have beta 2.0 connector that is compatible with GA4 data but seems like that one is still presenting some issues. As a workaround, maybe you can try to connect using a 3rd party tool. As someone above mentioned, I use windsor.ai connector to pull my GA4 data and works fine for me. In case you wonder, to make the connection first search for the GA4 connector in the data sources list:

GA4-1.png

After that, just grant access to your GA4 account using your credentials, then on preview and destination page you will see a preview of your GA4 fields:

GA4-2.png

There just select the fields you need. Finally, just select PBI as your data destination and finally just copy and paste the url on PBI --> Get Data --> Web --> Paste the url. 

SELECT_DESTINATION_NEW.png

PonchoVi
Regular Visitor

Can anyone please confirm if the connector is actually updated and working well to extract GA4 data? In my case it doesn;t seem to work and we really need it. Even Tableau released it already! 🙂

It is working for me also.

What problems are you having?

(probably best to raise a new post, you'll get more eyes on it)

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x

its working for me using 2.0

KNP
Super User
Super User

Glad I found this post, saved me wasting time trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.

Feel free to vote to give this some more attention...

https://community.fabric.microsoft.com/t5/Issues/Google-Analytics-Connector-not-working/idi-p/329655...

Have I solved your problem?
Please click Accept as Solution so I don't keep coming back to this post, oh yeah, others may find it useful also ;).
chrome-9xf-Zagzel-B

If you found this post helpful, please give Kudos.
It gives me a sense of instant gratification and, if you give me Kudos enough times, magical unicorns will appear on your screen.
If you find my signature vaguely amusing, please give Kudos.
KIfp67uy-Sr
Proud to be a Super User!PBI-Super-User-Rank-30x30-1x
thebadger7
Frequent Visitor

I think Microsoft might have updated the connector to support GA4 without telling anyone.

There is now a v2 when you click on Google Analytics (in Beta), which seems to work against GA4. Although the fields available are more limited than UA. 

I am facing the error "Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'M Engine error: 'Microsoft.Data.Mashup; We cannot generate a query for the given data source reference. Failure reason: We don't support the option 'Implementation'. Parameter name: Implementation.'. '." Did you face it? @thebadger7 

Seems like you're right! That's great news. 🎊 Thanks for the heads up!

I'm having trouble using it though. Works OK in query editor, but when refreshing the model get the following error. Does it work for you?

power bi Failed to save modifications to the server. Error returned: 'M Engine error: 'Microsoft.Data.Mashup; We cannot generate a query for the given data source reference. Failure reason: We don't support the option 'Implementation'. Parameter name: Implementation.'. '.

Oh, that sucks. I get the same error when trying to load the model. I just checked in query editor to see whether it worked, which it did. Weird that it throws an error when trying to load it into the report. 

I'll try to make time later this week to investigate the error. Hopefully we'll get it working soon.

**bleep**, not just me.

So close, yet so far. 

NielsShared
Regular Visitor

If you don't want to pay for a third-party solution you will need a custom connector (until Power BI would offer a standard connector). Coorie Dug made one. You can find it here: https://cooriedug.com/custom-ga4-power-bi-connector-setup/. He also gives instructions on how to use the connector.

Icey
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

Google Analytics have two V4 APIs: V4 Reporting and V4 Data. Power BI does not support GA4 Data right now.  Currently, only GA4 Reporting is supported, which does not access GA4 properties.

You may try to use a third party connector to connect GA4 to Power BI.

Icey_0-1654134158328.png

Reference: Solved: Re: New Google analytics, I connect correctly but ... - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Icey

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.