Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

DominoPBI
Frequent Visitor

Freeze/Disable end user to select/unselect one value in the slicer

Hello,

I need to freeze/lock one the values in the slicer, meaning that it should be always selected and end user cant unselect it, or it shouldnt be unselected when clicked on another values. Example below:

DominoPBI_1-1678352280752.png

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DominoPBI ,

Unfortunately, this feature is not supported in the current version.  You can post your idea to Ideas .

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

When more people vote for him, the product group will consider updating the feature in the next release.

Alternatively, you might consider creating a custom visual

My suggestion is that you can create a new table with additional option values and create a slicer using the columns in that new table. Place a note below the slicer, such as "* Default selection achieved," and create a measure. Add a visual-level filter for the last measure you created show_hide and display the value only when show_hide = 1. Please refer to it powerbi - Hide item in slicer from end user (Power BI) - Stack Overflow

Slicer Filter disable or enable for users - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-tangjie-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @DominoPBI ,

Unfortunately, this feature is not supported in the current version.  You can post your idea to Ideas .

https://ideas.powerbi.com/ideas/

When more people vote for him, the product group will consider updating the feature in the next release.

Alternatively, you might consider creating a custom visual

My suggestion is that you can create a new table with additional option values and create a slicer using the columns in that new table. Place a note below the slicer, such as "* Default selection achieved," and create a measure. Add a visual-level filter for the last measure you created show_hide and display the value only when show_hide = 1. Please refer to it powerbi - Hide item in slicer from end user (Power BI) - Stack Overflow

Slicer Filter disable or enable for users - Microsoft Power BI Community

Best Regards,

Neeko Tang

If this post  helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution  to help the other members find it more quickly. 

Hi @v-tangjie-msft 

Thank you for your feedback. I was trying to use below solution but it really affects refresh performance after selection change in slicer

powerbi - Hide item in slicer from end user (Power BI) - Stack Overflow

I was also thinking to use selected value formula in measures that I use in model but it is too much work to include it in tens of measures

(if selected value in Region column = "ASPAC", then take data from column ASPAC,

if selected value in Region column = "LATAM", then take data from column LATAM, and so on)

DominoPBI_0-1678723815022.png

Anyway, I will treat show_hide as work around solution and I will think to post it as idea as you suggested

Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.