Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Formatting a PowerBI object Embedded inside a PowerPoint Slide

Hi, I have a PowerPoint report that one section on a slide needs to have an embedded PBI which is just a short list of projects. However, because this PBI is occupying one-third and not the entire slide, I had to shrink the size of the PBI and now it sits in the middle of the page (as opposed to left aligned, for example). Also, if I want to enlarge the words but not the PBI object itself, I can't. In other words, if I resize it larger (so the words are legible), then the PBI object takes over the entire slide; and if I resize it smaller just enough so that it doesn't take up the entire slide (and only the section it is supposed to occupy), then the data table appears in the CENTER of that section. In short, can a PBI object embedded inside a PowerPoint report be FORMATTED?
I attach a screenshot of the PowerPoint slide to show you exactly what I mean (the part inside black box is the embedded PBI). Thanks in advance for your help!

screenshot3.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can export to PowerPoint>>Embed live data.

Then open the PowerPoint and edit the format.

Once the report has loaded, it is live and you can select the data as desired. Any changes you make while editing the presentation will be saved. The next time you open the presentation, the report will appear in the state you last left it in.

Add a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-rongtiep-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

You can export to PowerPoint>>Embed live data.

Then open the PowerPoint and edit the format.

Once the report has loaded, it is live and you can select the data as desired. Any changes you make while editing the presentation will be saved. The next time you open the presentation, the report will appear in the state you last left it in.

Add a live Power BI report page to PowerPoint - Power BI | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards

Community Support Team _ Polly

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.