Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Format Check

Hello all,

I'm trying to create a check to ensure that users are entering the Billing Entity in the correct format, which is always 3 letters, dot, 4 numbers; ie BDA.5468

Is therea way to highlight any records where the billing entity does not match this format? I don't have access to the Edit Queries in this dataset, so would have to be a column.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Create 2 measures:

1. to see if the "." is in place: 

dotplace = find(".",'Table'[Column1],1,0)
2. to see if the length exceeds 4 after dot
PlacesAfterDot = if(len(mid('Table'[Column1],5,50))>4 || len(mid('Table'[Column1],5,50))<4,1,0)
then apply conditional formatting on the column to get the desired output.
You may need to write additional logics to suit your other possible combination requirements

Screenshot_5.jpg

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
luapdoniv
Resolver II
Resolver II

I would suggest, create a new view and filter out for that dimension to "Not contain" "."

If you are expecting entire formats to change, could you share a sample source data, so that I can work it out and see. Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

It varies quite a bit as I believe the field is free text, so the first three are correct and then the rest are examples of errors:

BDA.4856

GHS.2586

CPT.1854

GHE.4586_NAME_OF_COMPANY_UNDERSCORES

LPT.8675 NAME OF COMPANY NO UNDERSCORES

Create 2 measures:

1. to see if the "." is in place: 

dotplace = find(".",'Table'[Column1],1,0)
2. to see if the length exceeds 4 after dot
PlacesAfterDot = if(len(mid('Table'[Column1],5,50))>4 || len(mid('Table'[Column1],5,50))<4,1,0)
then apply conditional formatting on the column to get the desired output.
You may need to write additional logics to suit your other possible combination requirements

Screenshot_5.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

You are welcome and hope your problem got resolved. Let me know if you need any further help. Cheers!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.