Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

BugmanJ
Resolver I
Resolver I

Format Button not sticking

Good Day,

Have the latest Power BI software installed on the deskop, and now with the new look of PowerBI, its missing the "format" icon on the right hand side.

So i go to "View" and then select the "Format" button.

But it doesnt stick, if i close the software down, i still have to go through these couple of clicks to do this "format" button, or if i open a new report to look at, i must do the same each time.

Why is "Format" not permantley pinned to the right?

Thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I agree, its annoying and they should change it. I believe its because you have the on-object formatting turned on in the preview features. If you turn this off it should go back to normal.
Syk_0-1689597294815.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BugmanJ
Resolver I
Resolver I

@Syk  of course

Right hand side, note the lack of "Format"

BugmanJ_0-1689337152485.png

So you have to go to view and click on format:

BugmanJ_1-1689337180799.png

Which then gives the format box to click on in the right hand menu:

BugmanJ_2-1689337207683.png

However, if i open up a new pbix (new or old, it doesnt matter), or if i close down completely the app and restart at some other point, this "format" button is not visible and i have to go through the entire process again.

It seems stupid is not a permenant feature that you can have on the right hand side pinned always!

Hi BugmanJ,

Thanks for trying out the feature. I see this functionality is supposed to be coming in our Sept release. If you try this out again after then, could you let me know if it solves your issues. 

Thanks,

Ewan

I agree, its annoying and they should change it. I believe its because you have the on-object formatting turned on in the preview features. If you turn this off it should go back to normal.
Syk_0-1689597294815.png

Hi Syk,

Thanks for helping out in the community. Really appreciate how y'all are willing to build the community this way

-Ewan

Syk
Super User
Super User

Can you provide some screenshots to detail your issue a bit more?

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.