Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn a 50% discount on the DP-600 certification exam by completing the Fabric 30 Days to Learn It challenge.

Anonymouspanda
Regular Visitor

Forecasting on weekly basis

Forum 2.PNG

Hi everyone, I have an issue about doing a loop by using DAX language. I need to calculate the opening and closing stock for forecasting of each material in every week. For instance, the opening stock of material A in week 1 + pallets issued in - pallets issued out = closing stock of material A in week 1. This closing stock of material A in weel 1 will be the opening stock of material A in week 2 and so on. The assumption is that there isnt any pallets to begin with. Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
smpa01
Super User
Super User

Are you looking for this?

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUXIEYgMgNlWK1YlWMoKKgGSMwSLGUBEjsDqQCEjOCUXECCpiABaF6YKJGMN1OQOxCVyNEVTEFG6OMVTEECISCwA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Week = _t, Material = _t, Out = _t, In = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Week", Int64.Type}, {"Out", Int64.Type}, {"In", Int64.Type}, {"Material", type text}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"Material"}, {{"AD", each _, type table}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "Custom", each let
   Source=[AD],   
   In_Out= Table.AddColumn(Source,"In-Out", each [In]-[Out]),
   X=List.Skip(List.Accumulate(In_Out[#"In-Out"],{0},(state,current)=>state&{List.Last(state)+current})),
   Y= Table.FromColumns(Table.ToColumns(In_Out)&{X}),
   Z= Table.AddColumn(Y,"OB", each [Column6]-[Column4]+[Column3]),
   #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(Z,{{"Column1", "Week"}, {"Column2", "Material"}, {"Column3", "Out"}, {"Column4", "In"}, {"Column6", "CB"}}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Renamed Columns",{"Column5"}),
  #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Removed Columns",{"Week", "Material", "Out", "In", "OB", "CB"})
in
    #"Reordered Columns"),
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Custom"}),
    #"Expanded Custom" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "Custom", {"Week", "Material", "Out", "In", "OB", "CB"}, {"Week", "Material", "Out", "In", "OB", "CB"})
in
    #"Expanded Custom"

sn1.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
smpa01
Super User
Super User

Are you looking for this?

let
    Source = Table.FromRows(Json.Document(Binary.Decompress(Binary.FromText("i45WMlTSUXIEYgMgNlWK1YlWMoKKgGSMwSLGUBEjsDqQCEjOCUXECCpiABaF6YKJGMN1OQOxCVyNEVTEFG6OMVTEECISCwA=", BinaryEncoding.Base64), Compression.Deflate)), let _t = ((type text) meta [Serialized.Text = true]) in type table [Week = _t, Material = _t, Out = _t, In = _t]),
    #"Changed Type" = Table.TransformColumnTypes(Source,{{"Week", Int64.Type}, {"Out", Int64.Type}, {"In", Int64.Type}, {"Material", type text}}),
    #"Grouped Rows" = Table.Group(#"Changed Type", {"Material"}, {{"AD", each _, type table}}),
    #"Added Custom" = Table.AddColumn(#"Grouped Rows", "Custom", each let
   Source=[AD],   
   In_Out= Table.AddColumn(Source,"In-Out", each [In]-[Out]),
   X=List.Skip(List.Accumulate(In_Out[#"In-Out"],{0},(state,current)=>state&{List.Last(state)+current})),
   Y= Table.FromColumns(Table.ToColumns(In_Out)&{X}),
   Z= Table.AddColumn(Y,"OB", each [Column6]-[Column4]+[Column3]),
   #"Renamed Columns" = Table.RenameColumns(Z,{{"Column1", "Week"}, {"Column2", "Material"}, {"Column3", "Out"}, {"Column4", "In"}, {"Column6", "CB"}}),
    #"Removed Columns" = Table.RemoveColumns(#"Renamed Columns",{"Column5"}),
  #"Reordered Columns" = Table.ReorderColumns(#"Removed Columns",{"Week", "Material", "Out", "In", "OB", "CB"})
in
    #"Reordered Columns"),
    #"Removed Other Columns" = Table.SelectColumns(#"Added Custom",{"Custom"}),
    #"Expanded Custom" = Table.ExpandTableColumn(#"Removed Other Columns", "Custom", {"Week", "Material", "Out", "In", "OB", "CB"}, {"Week", "Material", "Out", "In", "OB", "CB"})
in
    #"Expanded Custom"

sn1.JPG

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
Proud to be a Super User!
My custom visualization projects
Plotting Live Sound: Viz1
Beautiful News:Viz1, Viz2, Viz3
Visual Capitalist: Working Hrs
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @Anonymouspanda 

Could you explain more about your expected output with numbers?How to get the Opening Stock column?Please check if this post could help you.If it is not your case,please refer to How to Get Your Question Answered Quickly.

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherie

The value in the Opening Stock column will be 0 and the Closing Stock is Opening Stock + Pallets Issued In - Pallets Issued Out (For all the materials in week 1). The week 2 Opening Stock for each of the materials will be their respective week 1 Closing Stock and the week 2 Closing Stock is the week 2 Opening Stock + Pallets Issued In - Pallets Issued Out.

Hi @Anonymouspanda 

It seems smpa01's workaround is good.

Regards

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Cherie,

How to remove the table below, modify the code provided by smpa01, and get the values shown on the Opening Stock Column. Here is my original table for your reference.

Forum 3.PNG

Hi @Anonymouspanda 

It seems you need to expend the table with the icon.

1.png

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
LearnSurvey

Fabric certifications survey

Certification feedback opportunity for the community.

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.