Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

IMORTC
Regular Visitor

Fixed value for % ratios

How do I calculate a fixed measure based on a fixed filter like for example below. I need the base turnover calculation to be able to calculate % ratios.

Basically what I need is the field "2_test" to be populated with the turnover yet while the slicer filters still applies, in this case Month and Country?

2018-02-14 14_11_58-New Openings - Power BI Desktop.png

The current string I'm using is looking like this:

2_test = CALCULATE(SUM('FCC Data'[Actuals - Period]);'FCC Data'[AccountRetail]="Turnover")

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
ricardocamargos
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @IMORTC.

You can use:

CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Actuals - Period]); FILTER(ALL(Table1); Table1[AccountRetail] = "Turnover"))

Be aware you should change this expression if you wanna sum the 2_test based on date/country:

CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Actuals - Period]); FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Table1; Table1[Date]; Table1[Country]); Table1[AccountRetail] = "Turnover"))

Ricardo

View solution in original post

Hi @IMORTC,

I could get your file now.

You should use measures instead of calculated columns to achieve this result. Also you just have "Turnover" values for 2 months, do you wanna compare the sum of those 2 months with any filter or just compare the sum of "Turnover" value inside the same month ?

If inside the same month you should have this:

_ACT % = SUM([Actuals - Period]) / CALCULATE(SUM('FCC Data'[Actuals - Period]);FILTER(ALLSELECTED('FCC Data');'FCC Data'[AccountRetail]="Turnover"))

I hope it helps you.

Let me know if u need some help.

Ricardo

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
ricardocamargos
Continued Contributor
Continued Contributor

Hi @IMORTC.

You can use:

CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Actuals - Period]); FILTER(ALL(Table1); Table1[AccountRetail] = "Turnover"))

Be aware you should change this expression if you wanna sum the 2_test based on date/country:

CALCULATE(SUM(Table1[Actuals - Period]); FILTER(ALLEXCEPT(Table1; Table1[Date]; Table1[Country]); Table1[AccountRetail] = "Turnover"))

Ricardo

Thank you for prompt help 🙂 That did the trick!

Another issue has come up... and I am pretty stuck here....

The previous offered solution works like a charm, when you apply the slicers individually. However if I pick two members in the slicer, see below, then it seem to double my ACT figures whereas only calcing the % ratio on one member... pls see below:

Correct view with one member selected in slicer:

2018-02-16 09_28_57-New Openings - Power BI Desktop.png

When picking multiple members in the slicer it shows eg 200% in the % column:

2018-02-16 09_29_45-New Openings - Power BI Desktop.png

My DAX code for the PCT columns look like this:

% = [Actuals - Period]/CALCULATE(SUM('FCC Data'[Actuals - Period]);FILTER(ALLEXCEPT('FCC Data';'FCC Data'[Calendar];'FCC Data'[AM];'FCC Data'[Country]);'FCC Data'[AccountRetail]="Turnover"))

Hi @IMORTC,

How do you relate the members with the data ?

Thanks,

Ricardo

Hi Ricardo,

Thx for your help! They are related in the same table... see below:

2018_02_16_11_49_21_Microsoft_Edge.png

@IMORTC,

Can you provide a sample dataset ?

Thanks,

Ricardo

here is the pbix file with test data:

PBIX file

Hi @IMORTC,

I could get your file now.

You should use measures instead of calculated columns to achieve this result. Also you just have "Turnover" values for 2 months, do you wanna compare the sum of those 2 months with any filter or just compare the sum of "Turnover" value inside the same month ?

If inside the same month you should have this:

_ACT % = SUM([Actuals - Period]) / CALCULATE(SUM('FCC Data'[Actuals - Period]);FILTER(ALLSELECTED('FCC Data');'FCC Data'[AccountRetail]="Turnover"))

I hope it helps you.

Let me know if u need some help.

Ricardo

Thx so much! @ricardocamargos,

I've been trying to get this to work from so many different angles and formulas, but your solution did the trick!!

Many many thanks for the help Smiley Happy

Hi @IMORTC,

I couldn't get you PBIX file, it just gave me an error.

Can you just give me a sample dataset ?

Thank u,

Ricardo

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.