Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dcomad3a
Regular Visitor

Fiscal Year Calendar Filtering

I created a fiscal year calendar to use so that I can filter both SharePoint and Dataverse columns. When I use it with SharePoint, it works perfectly. However, when I duplicate the same features for Dataverse, nothing is returned, and I don't know enough about Power BI to determine what I am doing wrong.

This is what the relationship looks like for both SharePoint and Dataverse tables.

dcomad3a_0-1697148260524.pngdcomad3a_1-1697148479272.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
christinepayton
Super User
Super User

It should work as long as both columns are set to "date" type and there are actually values for everything in the date table that exist in the related table. Does your date table go all the way to FY24? 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
dcomad3a
Regular Visitor

You were correct. The date type was missing, and I didn't catch it. Thank you for your help!

christinepayton
Super User
Super User

It should work as long as both columns are set to "date" type and there are actually values for everything in the date table that exist in the related table. Does your date table go all the way to FY24? 

Thank you for your reply. 

I checked and both columns are of [date] type. Because we recently just moved away from SharePoint to Dataverse, our Dataverse db only has 33 items all which were entered after 9/1/23, so what I should see when I click on the slicer are 33 items for FY 24. My relationship between my fiscal calendar and Dataverse is shown below, and the filters I am using below that. Do you think these are incorrect?

dcomad3a_0-1697203780434.png

dcomad3a_1-1697203817301.pngdcomad3a_2-1697203876370.png

Ohhh I understand what you're saying - the thing with date tables, is if you use the date table field in the slicer, it will automatically show all values in the date table regardless of what's in your data. You'd need to set the relationship to bidirectional and potentially add a filter of "<your measure> not equals blank" on the slicer. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.