Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

Dunner2020
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Finding url of item in Sharepoint

Hi there,

I am reading a list from SharePoint online. Now I want to get the URL of each record or item of the list and present it in the dashboard so that when the user clicks on the URL the record appears on the browser. I tried to find the  URL of an individual item of the list on share point when I import SharePoint data in the Power BI but could not find it. I found the URL of the attachment but it's not very helpful. Could anyone help me how can I find the URL of the item on the list from Sharepoint?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can get the ID value for each item and then concatenate it in a custom column with the expression below.  Replace the stuff inside the < > s (delete the < >).

= "https://<tenant url>/sites/<site name>/Lists/<List Name>/dispform.aspx?ID=" & [ID]

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
mahoneypat
Employee
Employee

You can get the ID value for each item and then concatenate it in a custom column with the expression below.  Replace the stuff inside the < > s (delete the < >).

= "https://<tenant url>/sites/<site name>/Lists/<List Name>/dispform.aspx?ID=" & [ID]

Pat

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Kudos are also appreciated!

To learn more about Power BI, follow me on Twitter or subscribe on YouTube.

@mahoneypa HoosierBI on YouTube

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.