Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Grow your Fabric skills and prepare for the DP-600 certification exam by completing the latest Microsoft Fabric challenge.

smquerido
Advocate I
Advocate I

Find the maximum value of the total (sum of the all entries) by day

Hi,

When i am using the following formula it returns the highest value found in the day [as in red rectangles (1)]. It is ok if we have just one entrie in the day for each athlete.

REF_TOTAL DISTANCE = CALCULATE(CALCULATE(
    MAX(Folha1[Total Distance]),
    FILTER(FOLHA1Folha1[Typology]="Match")),
    ALL(Folha1[Data]))

Teste.png

However, in this case we have 3 entries (warm-up, 1st half and 2nd half) in the day for each athlete and i need to find in the sample data the highest values (SUM of the 3 entries) with date as reference. Supposing that the maximum values found is in day 28/10/20 (as in the image) it should return the sum of Total Distance variable as in green retagle (2). What is the best way to solve the issue?

Thanks in advance!

Best regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @smquerido ,

maybe I have not well undestood your expected result, but if you need the Max Total Distance by Day, then you have to use the below measure:

Max Total Distance by Day =
MAXX(
     SUMMARIZE(
                'Table',
                'Table'[Data],
                'Table'[Athlete]
              ),
    CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Total Distance]))
)

See the pbi file here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj45jbu0mDVJiHCpXnEe07hnc3Hf?e=7hye5B

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @smquerido ,

maybe I have not well undestood your expected result, but if you need the Max Total Distance by Day, then you have to use the below measure:

Max Total Distance by Day =
MAXX(
     SUMMARIZE(
                'Table',
                'Table'[Data],
                'Table'[Athlete]
              ),
    CALCULATE(SUM('Table'[Total Distance]))
)

See the pbi file here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Aj45jbu0mDVJiHCpXnEe07hnc3Hf?e=7hye5B

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@mangaus1111 thank you very much. Your solution helped me to understand the SUMMARIZE funtion and solved the problem. Here the entire measure:

REF_TOTAL DISTANCE = CALCULATE(CALCULATE(MAXX(SUMMARIZE (BD, BD[Date], BD[Typology]), CALCULATE(SUM(BD[Total Distance])
)), FILTER(BD,BD[Typology]="Match")), ALLEXCEPT(BD,BD[Athlete]))
mangaus1111
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @smquerido ,

try to use this:

=
CALCULATE (
CALCULATE (
MAX ( Folha1[Total Distance] ),
FILTER ( FOLHA1, Folha1[Typology] = "Match" )
),
ALL ( Folha1[Data] ),
REMOVEFILTERS ( Folha1[Exercise] )
)

@mangaus1111  thanks for your solution but the results are the same of mine, it does not sum all the exercises of the day (warm-up, first half and second half) and returns the maximum value found just for one exercise (p.e., for Athlete Denis it returns 2683 instead of 6804.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Europe Fabric Conference

Europe’s largest Microsoft Fabric Community Conference

Join the community in Stockholm for expert Microsoft Fabric learning including a very exciting keynote from Arun Ulag, Corporate Vice President, Azure Data.

RTI Forums Carousel3

New forum boards available in Real-Time Intelligence.

Ask questions in Eventhouse and KQL, Eventstream, and Reflex.

MayPowerBICarousel1

Power BI Monthly Update - May 2024

Check out the May 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.